Online Closing Instructions, Witnesses, How to Close Online, ID Requirements
If you are the seller, and you will be executing a deed, you are required by law to have two witnesses present. You must have two people physically present with you that:
a) are not relatives and, b) are over 18 years of age
Ensure that you have a computer with a webcam or an iOS or Android device. Your device must use one of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Safari or Mozilla Firefox.
CLOSED will send you an email at the time of closing to sign in to close online.
ID Verification Process
Acceptable forms of ID include the following photo IDs if valid and unexpired:
U.S. State Issued Driver's License
U.S. State Issued Photo ID
U.S. Passport Book
Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
Certificate of Naturalization
Alien Registration Card with Photo
Once you’ve completed the tech-check to ensure your internet connection and webcam are working properly, you will be prompted to go through the ID verification process.
1. Enter personal details and select “continue”
2. You will be prompted to answer a set of 5 security questions that only you should know! Click on “Get Started” and answer the 5 questions in under 2 minutes.
3. After you’ve successfully answered the security questions, you will be prompted to snap a photo of your ID. Select the type of ID you will be using, and follow the on-screen prompts to snap the photo.
(Allow your web browser to access your camera by selecting “Allow” from Chrome or “Share Selected Device” in Firefox.)
4. Once you feel as though your images are clear enough for the notary to read the information on your ID, select "Confirm and Continue".
5. After your ID photos are confirmed, it's time to connect with a notary by selecting "Let's Get Started"!
**If you are currently traveling or residing outside of the United States, please enter your current U.S. address or most recent address at which you resided for an extended period of time.
The notary will walk you through the rest of the closing process, and in many cases, a member of the CLOSED team will also attend the closing online and will be available to answer questions specific to your closing documents.